About the 21R3 ReleasePre-Release Date: November 8, 2021 | CDB Pre-Release Date: November 12, 2021 | Release Date: November 19 & December 3, 2021
This page can help you understand the schedule for the coming release and the list of features included. Dates are subject to change.
21R3 Customer Release Preview Webinars
Attend the 21R3 release webinars to learn about the new capabilities and get your questions answered.
- Release Webinar for All Customers
- Release Webinar for Customers Using Studio, Admin, or Coder
21R3 Pre-Release Begins
- Pre-release vaults available: Your Veeva Project Manager will contact you with login credentials.
- Validation documents available:
- Validation Project Plan
- IOQ Protocol
- Business Requirements Documents
- Validation Impact Assessment
21R3 Pre-release for CDB Begins
Pre-release environments available for Vault CDB. Contact your Veeva Project Manager for details.
21R3 Release, Part A
- 21R3 released to pre-release (VV1-37) and limited release (VV1-17) vaults
21R3 Release, Part B
- 21R3 released to all general release vaults.
- Updated training available on Veeva Learning
21R3 Release, Migration Vault
21R3.0 is released to Migration Vault.
21R3 Pre-Release Ends
We recommend that you no longer use your 21R3 pre-release vaults after this date. Even though your pre-release vault is still active, we advise waiting for the next pre-release period (22R1) to begin. Contact your Veeva Project Manager for details.
- 21R3 Customer Webinar - All Customers | Slides (PDF)
- 21R3 Customer Webinar: Studio, Admins & Coder | Slides (PDF)
- 21R3 User Community Meeting | Slides (PDF)
- What’s New in 21R3 (Updated December 15) provides detailed explanations of each feature.
- 21R3 Feature Enablement Details (Updated November 18) includes information on how new features are enabled.
- Pre-Release FAQ answers common questions about “pre-release”.
- Known Issues in 21R3 Pre-Release (Updated December 2) lists known issues in the 21R3 pre-release. This page also lists the release notes for any maintenance releases applied to pre-release.
- 21R3 Release Impact Assessment (Updated December 6) analyzes the impact of new features. If you need an editable version, we also provide a MS Excel™ version.
- 21R3 Supplemental Vault Release Impact Assessment (Published October 13) lists Vault Platform features in the 21R3 release that can impact CDMS vaults. If you need an editable version, we also provide a MS Excel™ version.
- 21R3 Fixed Issues (Updated December 2) documents issues that affected previous versions or pre-release and are fixed in 21R3
- 21R3 Known Issues (Updated December 3) documents issues introduced in 21R3 which are not yet fixed
- 21R3 Maintenance Releases (Available with first maintenance release) documents fixes for issues that are affecting customers in production environments
For details about new features in the Vault Platform in 21R3, see the Vault Release Notes .
As a valued member of our community, providing you with control over the communications you receive from Veeva is important to us. Please allow us to send you pre-release environment notifications and other industry related information. Contact your vault’s administrator to verify that the Product Announcements checkbox is selected for your user profile.
Internet Explorer™ (IE 11)
In the upcoming 22R1 release in April 2022, Vault will no longer support the Microsoft® Internet Explorer™ 11 browser application. Microsoft® has announced IE 11 will be retired on June 15, 2022. Vault customers should explore transitioning to other browser applications in advance of this date. Refer to Vault’s list of supported browsers to identify an appropriate browser to use.
Action User Interface (UI) Coming to CDMS April 2022
In 21R2, Vault Platform introduced Action User Interface (UI), a set of UI enhancements that give end-users an enhanced and more productive user experience by helping them perform frequently used actions in fewer clicks. The design is easy to learn, modern, and intuitive.
Feature Availability: While other Vault applications are implementing this change in 21R2, Vault CDMS does not plan on fully implementing the changes for this feature until 22R1 (April 2022).
Visit the Action UI site for regular updates, webinar recordings, and more information on this collection of enhancements: https://go.veeva.com/21R2-ActionUI.