About the 20R3 ReleasePre-Release Date: November 16, 2020 | Release Date: November 20, December 4 & December 18 (CDB), 2020
This page can help you understand the schedule for the coming release and the list of features included. Dates are subject to change.
20R3 Customer Release Preview Webinars
Attend the 20R3 release webinars to learn about the new capabilities and get your questions answered.
- Release Webinar for All Customers
- Release Webinar for Customers Using Studio & Admin
- Release Webinar Introducing the Randomization Module in Vault EDC (For Medical Device & Diagnostics Customers Only)
20R3 Pre-Release Begins
- Pre-release vaults available: Your Veeva Project Manager will contact you with login credentials.
- Validation documents available:
- Validation Project Plan
- IOQ Protocol
- Business Requirements Documents
- Validation Impact Assessment
20R3 Release, Part A
- 20R3 released to pre-release (VV1-37) and limited release (VV1-17) vaults
20R3 Release, Part B
- 20R3 released to all general release vaults.
Note that 20R3 will be released to CDB environments on December 18.
20R3 Pre-release Update for CDB
CDB pre-release environments updated with remaining 20R3 functionality. See a list of fixed issues.
20R3 for CDB
20R3 released to all CDB environments.
- 20R3 Customer Webinar: Sites, CRAs, and Data Managers | Slides (PDF)
- 20R3 Customer Webinar: Study Designers, Admins, and Coders | Slides(PDF)
- 20R3 Customer Webinar: Randomization | Slides (PDF)
- What’s New in 20R3 (Published November 9) provides detailed explanations of each feature.
- 20R3 Feature Enablement Details (Published November 9) includes information on how new features are enabled.
- Pre-Release FAQ answers common questions about “pre-release”.
- Known Issues in 20R3 Pre-Release (Updated December 4) lists known issues in the 20R3 pre-release.
- 20R3 CDB Pre-Release Fixed Issues (Published December 12) lists issues fixed in the 20R3.0 Pre WRB update to CDB pre-release environments.
- 20R3 Release Impact Assessment (Updated November 17) analyzes the impact of new features. If you need an editable version, we also provide a Microsoft Excel™ version.
- 20R3 Fixed Issues (Published November 20) documents issues that affected previous versions or pre-release and are fixed in 20R3
- 20R3 Known Issues (Updated December 4) documents issues introduced in 20R3 which are not yet fixed
- 20R3 Maintenance Releases (Available with first maintenance release) documents fixes for issues that are affecting customers in production environments
For details about new features in the Vault Platform in 20R3, see the Vault Release Notes .
As a valued member of our community, providing you with control over the communications you receive from Veeva is important to us. Please allow us to send you pre-release environment notifications and other industry related information. Contact your vault’s administrator to verify that the Product Announcements checkbox is selected for your user profile.
Internet Explorer™ 11 Support
We no longer support Internet Explorer™ 11 on Windows 7. We encourage all Veeva customers to upgrade to a newer browser. Learn more about supported browsers for Vault.
Recommended Update to DNS Caching
As part of efforts to reduce release window downtime, we recommend all Veeva customers update their DNS caching so that integrations don’t cache the DNS forever. We recommend that you configure the DNS TTL value to no more than 60 seconds. This ensures that when a Vault resource IP address changes, your integration will be able to receive and use the new IP address by re-querying the DNS.
Learn more about DNS caching changes in the Vault Developer Portal.
Veeva Vault TLS Cipher Suite Changes
Beginning with the 20R3 release, we will be modifying the set of TLS cipher suites supported by Vault servers, removing weak ciphers and changing the priority order to utilize stronger ciphers. These changes may affect some custom integrations, but not users accessing Vault with a supported browser. All customers with affected integrations will be contacted directly by Veeva Services prior to any changes so that they can test their integrations.
Learn more about Veeva Vault cipher suite changes in the Vault Developer Portal.