About the 17R1 (V17) Release
This page can help you understand the schedule for the coming release and the list of features included. Dates are subject to change.
- March 28: Validation package available on VeevaDocs
- April 14: Pre-release vaults available
- April 21: General release
As a valued member of our community, providing you with control over the communications you receive from Veeva is important to us. Please allow us to send you pre-release environment notifications and other industry related information. From your user profile within Vault, verify that the Product Announcements checkbox is selected.
- What’s New in 17R1 (Updated November 15) provides detailed explanations of each feature.
- 17R1 Feature Enablement Details (Updated November 15) includes information on how new features are enabled.
- Pre-Release FAQ answers common questions about “pre-release”.
- Known Issues in 17R1 Pre-Release (Published October 30) lists known issues in the 17R1 pre-release.
- 17R1 Release Impact Assessment (Updated November 15) analyzes the impact of new features. If you need an editable version, we also provide an MS Excel™ version.
- 17R1 Fixed Issues (Published November 30) documents issues that affected previous versions or pre-release and are fixed in 17R1.
- 17R1 Known Issues (Published November 30) sdocuments issues introduced in 17R1 which are not yet fixed.
- Pre-Release: This is a two-week period prior to the general availability of the next major release (18R1, 17R1, etc.). During this period, customers can explore the new features in a vault based on their production vault configurations.
In this release (17R1 or V17), we’re moving all Veeva products to a consistent numbering system based on the calendar year. 17R1 indicates that this is the first release of the 2017 calendar year.
As part of our commitment to ongoing innovation and customer success, Veeva will be moving its worldwide computing infrastructure from managed data centers to the Veeva virtual private cloud (VPC) running on Amazon Web Services (AWS). This will begin in the second half of 2017 across all Veeva product lines. See AWS Migration FAQ.
General Release Information
You can find general information on how Vault releases work in About Vault Releases.