About the 21R2 ReleasePre-Release Date: July 19, 2021 | Release Date: July 30 & August 6, 2021
This page can help you understand the schedule for the coming release and the list of features included. Dates are subject to change.
21R2 Customer Release Preview Webinars
Attend the 21R2 release webinars to learn about the new capabilities and get your questions answered.
- Release Webinar for All Customers
- Release Webinar for Customers Using Studio, Admin, or Coder
21R2 Pre-Release Begins
- Pre-release vaults available: Your Veeva Project Manager will contact you with login credentials.
- Validation documents available:
- Validation Project Plan
- IOQ Protocol
- Business Requirements Documents
- Validation Impact Assessment
21R2 Release, Part A
- 21R2 released to pre-release (VV1-37) and limited release (VV1-17) vaults
21R2 Release, Part B
- 21R2 released to all general release vaults.
- Updated training available on Veeva Learning
21R2 Pre-Release Ends
Pre-release environments shut down. Contact your Veeva Project Manager for details.
- 21R2 Customer Webinar - All Customers | Slides (PDF)
- 21R2 Customer Webinar: Studio, Admins & Coder | Slides (PDF)
- What’s New in 21R2 (Updated August 25) provides detailed explanations of each feature.
- 21R2 Feature Enablement Details (Updated August 5) includes information on how new features are enabled.
- Pre-Release FAQ answers common questions about “pre-release”.
- Known Issues in 21R2 Pre-Release (Updated August 5) lists known issues in the 21R2 pre-release. This page also lists the release notes for any maintenance releases applied to pre-release.
- 21R2 Release Impact Assessment (Updated August 26) analyzes the impact of new features. If you need an editable version, we also provide a Excel™ version.
- 21R2 Fixed Issues (Updated August 6) documents issues that affected previous versions or pre-release and are fixed in 21R2
- 21R2 Known Issues (Updated August 6) documents issues introduced in 21R2 which are not yet fixed
- 21R2 Maintenance Releases (Available with first maintenance release) documents fixes for issues that are affecting customers in production environments
For details about new features in the Vault Platform in 21R2, see the Vault Release Notes .
As a valued member of our community, providing you with control over the communications you receive from Veeva is important to us. Please allow us to send you pre-release environment notifications and other industry related information. Contact your vault’s administrator to verify that the Product Announcements checkbox is selected for your user profile.
Internet Explorer™ (IE 11)
In the upcoming 22R1 release in April 2022, Vault will no longer support the Microsoft® Internet Explorer™ 11 browser application. Microsoft® has announced IE 11 will be retired on June 15, 2022. Vault customers should explore transitioning to other browser applications in advance of this date. Refer to Vault’s list of supported browsers to identify an appropriate browser to use.
Vault IP Address Changes
Customers should be aware that Vault IP addresses are subject to change. Starting in 21R2, Vault IP addresses will change as part of the upgrade. We recommend all Veeva customers update their DNS caching now so that integrations don’t cache the DNS forever. We also recommend that you configure the DNS TTL value to no more than 60 seconds. This ensures that when a Vault resource IP address changes, your integration will be able to receive and use the new IP address by re-querying the DNS.
Learn more about integration DNS caching changes in the Developer Portal.
Action User Interface (UI)
In 21R2, Vault Platform introduces Action User Interface (UI), a set of UI enhancements that give end-users an enhanced and more productive user experience by helping them perform frequently used actions in fewer clicks. The design is easy to learn, modern, and intuitive.
Feature Availability: While other Vault applications are implementing this change in 21R2, Vault CDMS does not plan on fully implementing the changes for this feature until 22R1 (April 2022).
Visit the Action UI site for regular updates, webinar recordings, and more information on this collection of enhancements: https://go.veeva.com/21R2-ActionUI.