About the 20R1 Release
This page can help you understand the schedule for the coming release and the list of features included. Dates are subject to change.
20R1 Customer Release Preview WebinarAttend the 20R1 release webinar to learn about the new capabilities and get your questions answered.
20R1 Pre-Release Begins
- Pre-release vaults available: Your Veeva Project Manager will contact you with login credentials.
- Validation package available in VeevaDocs
- Introductory training on 20R1 new features available in Veeva Learning
20R1 Customer Release Webinar for Studio & AdminAttend this 20R1 webinar to learn more about the new capabilities available to study designers and lead data managers.
20R1 Release, Part A20R1 released to pre-release (VV1-37) and limited release (VV1-17) vaults
20R1 Release, Part B
- 20R1 released to all general release vaults.
- Updated training courses available in Veeva Learning
20R1 for Data Workbench20R1 released to Data Workbench. Vault Data Workbench is only available to specific early adopters. Contact your Veeva Services representative for details.
As a valued member of our community, providing you with control over the communications you receive from Veeva is important to us. Please allow us to send you pre-release environment notifications and other industry related information. Contact your vault’s administrator to verify that the Product Announcements checkbox is selected for your user profile.
Recordings are available for each of our 20R1 preview webinars:
- 20R1 CDMS Customer Release Preview Webinar (Slides)
- Vault CDMS 20R1 Release Overview Demo for Sites
- Vault CDMS 20R1 Preview Webinar for Studio & Admin (Slides)
- What’s New in 20R1 (Updated May 5) provides detailed explanations of each feature.
- 20R1 Feature Enablement Details (Updated April 9) includes information on how new features are enabled.
- Pre-Release FAQ answers common questions about “pre-release”.
- Known Issues in 20R1 Pre-Release (Updated April 10) lists known issues in the 20R1 pre-release.
- 20R1 Pre-Release Maintenance Releases lists fixed issues in any maintenance releases applied to pre-release vaults.
- 20R1 Release Impact Assessment (Updated April 9) analyzes the impact of new features. If you need an editable version, we also provide a Microsoft Excel™ version.
- 20R1 Fixed Issues (Published April 10) documents issues that affected previous versions or pre-release and are fixed in 20R1
- 20R1 Fixed Issues (Data Workbench) (Published April 24) documents issues that affected previous versions and are fixed in 20R1
- 20R1 Known Issues (Updated April 15) documents issues introduced in 20R1 which are not yet fixed
- 20R1 Known Issues (Data Workbench) (Published April 24) documents issues introduced in 20R1 which are not yet fixed
For details about new features in the Vault Platform in 20R1, see the Vault Release Notes .
Internet Explorer™ 11 Support
We no longer support Internet Explorer™ 11 on Windows 7. We encourage all Veeva customers to upgrade to a newer browser. Learn more about supported browsers for Vault.
Removing Review Functionality from the Data Entry Tab with 20R2
With the 20R2 release (August 2020), all review functions, those typically performed by CRAs, monitors, and data managers, will be removed from the Data Entry tab. Instead, these users will need to perform those functions in the Review tab. These functions include:
- Source Data Verification (SDV)
- Data Management Review (DMR)
- Opening and closing queries
These functions are all currently available in the Review tab in vaults where the Review UI feature is enabled. The Review tab is optimized for these actions and offers a more streamlined user experience. Users with access to the Data Entry tab will still be able to use that area to navigate Casebooks and view form data.
Learn more about the Review UI.