About the 21R1 ReleasePre-Release Date: March 29, 2021 | Release Date: April 9 & 16, 2021
This page can help you understand the schedule for the coming release and the list of features included. Dates are subject to change.
21R1 Customer Release Preview Webinars
Attend the 21R1 release webinars to learn about the new capabilities and get your questions answered.
- Release Webinar for All Customers
- Release Webinar for Customers Using Studio, Admin, or Coder
21R1 Pre-Release Begins
- Pre-release vaults available: Your Veeva Project Manager will contact you with login credentials.
- Validation documents available:
- Validation Project Plan
- IOQ Protocol
- Business Requirements Documents
- Validation Impact Assessment
21R1 Release, Part A
- 21R1 released to pre-release (VV1-37) and limited release (VV1-17) vaults
21R1 Release, Part B
- 21R1 released to all general release vaults.
- Updated training available on Veeva Learning
- 21R1 Customer Webinar - All Customers | Slides (PDF)
- 21R1 Customer Webinar: Studio, Admins & Coder | Slides (PDF)
- What’s New in 21R1 (Updated April 12) provides detailed explanations of each feature.
- 21R1 Feature Enablement Details (Published March 22) includes information on how new features are enabled.
- Pre-Release FAQ answers common questions about “pre-release”.
- Known Issues in 21R1 Pre-Release (Updated April 8) lists known issues in the 21R1 pre-release.
- 21R1 Release Impact Assessment (Updated April 12) analyzes the impact of new features. If you need an editable version, we also provide a Microsoft Excel™ version.
- 21R1 Fixed Issues (Published April 9) documents issues that affected previous versions or pre-release and are fixed in 21R1
- 21R1 Known Issues (Published April 9) documents issues introduced in 21R1 which are not yet fixed
- 21R1 Maintenance Releases (Available with first maintenance release) documents fixes for issues that are affecting customers in production environments
For details about new features in the Vault Platform in 21R1, see the Vault Release Notes .
As a valued member of our community, providing you with control over the communications you receive from Veeva is important to us. Please allow us to send you pre-release environment notifications and other industry related information. Contact your vault’s administrator to verify that the Product Announcements checkbox is selected for your user profile.
Vault IP Address Changes
Customers should be aware that Vault IP addresses are subject to change. Starting in 21R2, Vault IP addresses will change as part of the upgrade. We recommend all Veeva customers update their DNS caching now so that integrations don’t cache the DNS forever. We also recommend that you configure the DNS TTL value to no more than 60 seconds. This ensures that when a Vault resource IP address changes, your integration will be able to receive and use the new IP address by re-querying the DNS.
Learn more about integration DNS caching changes in the Vault Developer Portal.
Veeva Vault TLS Cipher Suite Changes
With the 21R1 general release, Vault will no longer support the following cipher:
All customers with affected integrations have been contacted directly by Veeva Services so that they can test their integrations. As of the 20R3.2 release on December 11, 2020, testing can be performed on Limited Release sandboxes.
Learn more about Veeva Vault cipher suite changes in the Vault Developer Portal.