Configuring Labs in Studio
In Studio, you can configure Lab Panels and Lab Forms that pull data from the Labs tab.
If you plan to use the Labs module for existing studies, system-generated codelists will be created in Studio when the Labs module is enabled. The Labs module requires you to use the Sex codelist that was created by the System with your Sex Item Definition. In Studio, that codelist is identified as Lab_Sex.
You can create Lab Panels in Studio that automatically copy data - like Units and Codelists - from the Labs tab when the panel is saved. Do not manually add Lab Units in Studio.
To create a Lab Panel:
- Navigate to Studio > Lab Panels.
- Click + New Lab Panel
- Click Save.
To edit an existing Lab Panel, click on the Name row.
Changes made to Lab Units or Codelists in the Labs tab after a Lab Panel is created will be updated in Studio if an analyte using that Unit or Codelist is added.
To update existing Lab Panels, update the Units and Codelists in the Labs tab. To delete a Lab Panel, remove all analytes from the panel in Studio then delete.
Adding a Lab Panel to a Form
Once you’ve created Lab Panels in Studio, you can add them to a form and to the schedule.
To add a Lab Panel to a form:
- Navigate to Studio > Forms.
- Click on the name of the form you’d like to add a Lab Panel to.
- Select Lab Panel from the list of Component Types.
- Click and drag your Analyte(s) to the top the grid to create a Lab Header and Lab Header Item Group. Creating a Lab Header adds Lab Items to the chosen Form (Analyte Name, Normal Ranges, etc.).
Note that you can have a maximum of 25 analytes to a Lab form and a maximum of 50 unique analytes for each study. Please contact your Account Representative or Customer Success Manager to increase the 50 unique analyte maximum.
Defining Casebook Variables
To complete Studio configuration of Labs, you must define Casebook Variables for Sex and Birthdate or Birth Year.
To define Casebook Variables:
- Navigate to Studio > Casebook Variables.
- Configure Data Type and Study Reference for Sex, Birthdate or Birth Year. This configuration will let the system know where the items are located for sex and birth year/date. The system will also display the age and sex on the Lab form based on the Casebook Variable.
Note that Units and Codelists from the Labs module are copied into Studio when Lab Panels are saved. Do not manually add Lab Units in Studio.