About the 17R3 Release
This page can help you understand the schedule for the coming release and the list of features included. Dates are subject to change.
- November 6: Pre-release vaults available
- November 8: Validation package available on VeevaDocs
- November 7-14: Preview webinars
- December 8: Release to all PODs
- December 15: Release to all general release EDC vaults
Maintenance windows for the 17R3 release (to General and Limited Release PODs) are:
- Europe and Asia Pacific PODs: 3:00 PM – 9:00 PM Pacific Time
- West Coast and East Coast US PODs: 5:00 PM – 11:00 PM Pacific Time
See About Vault Releases for the listing of POD locations.
As a valued member of our community, providing you with control over the communications you receive from Veeva is important to us. Please allow us to send you pre-release environment notifications and other industry related information. From your user profile within Vault, verify that the Product Announcements checkbox is selected.
- What’s New in 17R3 provides detailed explanations of each feature.
- 17R3 Feature Enablement Details includes information on how new features are enabled.
- Pre-Release FAQ answers common questions about “pre-release”.
- Known Issues in 17R3 Pre-Release lists known issues in the 17R3 pre-release.
- 17R3 Release Impact Assessment analyzes the impact of new features. If you need an editable version, we also provide an MS Excel ™ version.
- 17R3 Fixed Issues documents issues that affected previous versions or pre-release and are fixed in 17R3.
- 17R3 Known Issues documents issues introduced in 17R3 which are not yet fixed.
- Pre-Release: This is a two-week period prior to the general availability of the next major release (18R1, 17R3, etc.). During this period, customers can explore the new features in a vault based on their production vault configurations.
As part of our commitment to ongoing innovation and customer success, Veeva will be moving its worldwide computing infrastructure from managed data centers to the Veeva virtual private cloud (VPC) running on Amazon Web Services (AWS). This will begin in the second half of 2017 across all Veeva product lines. See AWS Migration FAQ.
General Release Information
You can find general information on how Vault releases work in About Vault Releases.