Searching in Vault EDC
Vault EDC uses a powerful search engine to help you find object records in your vault. You can perform basic searches from the primary search bar, as well as choosing from type-ahead search results. In the current release, you can only search for Subjects in your vault.
How to Search
Searching in Vault EDC allows you to perform simple queries by searching within object record fields.
To search within object record fields:
- Click into the Search field in the primary navigation bar. Vault automatically displays the up to ten (10) potential results. If you’re looking for one of these, click on it from the preview list. If not, continue with the next steps.
- Start typing one or more terms in the Search field. When searching for a certain Subject record, you may type the Subject ID value.
- Optional: As you type, the preview list updates with each character you enter to suggest up to 10 potential results. If you are looking for one of these, click the result, or press Down and Enter, to open that record.
- Press Enter or click the Search icon to see all results.
- Click the object record name to view it.
The search results page displays your results, with columns for certain fields on the object records. Note that searching will only return object records that you have permission to view.
If there are more than 20 possible search results, Vault EDC paginates your results. Click the Left and Right arrow buttons to move through the search result pages. You can also enter a page number to jump directly to that page of your search results.
When searching for a Subject, the search results page is titled Subjects, and displays columns for the Subject name, Study, Site, Subject Status, and Signature Completed status.
You can filter your search results by Subject Status and Review for Signature.
To filter, click into a filter drop-down, and search or select one or more checkboxes. Deselect checkboxes, or click Clear all in the drop-down, to clear your filters.
You can sort your results by any of the available columns. Click the column header to sort by that value.
Missing Object Records
If you cannot find an object record by searching, there are several possible reasons:
- You have not been assigned permission to view the object record. For example, you may not have permission to view Subjects at a certain Site.
- Your search term doesn’t match because of a spelling error in your search entry or the object record’s fields. Vault does not suggest alternate spellings like Google ™ search.
- The object record does not exist or has been deleted.