About the 17R2 Release
This page can help you understand the schedule for the coming release and the list of features included. Dates are subject to change.
- July 11: Preview webinar, 10:00am-11:00am PST
- July 17: 17R2 pre-release and 17R2 validation package available
- August 4: 17R2 release to VV8 POD
- August 11: 17R2 release to all remaining PODs
As a valued member of our community, providing you with control over the communications you receive from Veeva is important to us. Please allow us to send you pre-release environment notifications and other industry related information. From your user profile within Vault, verify that the Product Announcements checkbox is selected.
- What’s New in 17R2 provides detailed explanations of each feature.
- 17R2 Feature Enablement Details includes information on how new features are enabled.
- Pre-Release FAQ answers common questions about “pre-release”.
- Known Issues in 17R2 Pre-Release lists known issues in the 17R2 pre-release.
- 17R2 Release Impact Assessment analyzes the impact of new features. If you need an editable version, we also provide an MS Excel ™ version.
- 17R2 Fixed Issues documents issues that affected previous versions or pre-release and are fixed in 17R2.
- 17R2 Known Issues documents issues introduced in 17R2 which are not yet fixed.
- Pre-Release: This is a two-week period prior to the general availability of the next major release (18R1, 17R2, etc.). During this period, customers can explore the new features in a vault based on their production vault configurations.
As part of our commitment to ongoing innovation and customer success, Veeva will be moving its worldwide computing infrastructure from managed data centers to the Veeva virtual private cloud (VPC) running on Amazon Web Services (AWS). This will begin in the second half of 2017 across all Veeva product lines. See AWS Migration FAQ.
General Release Information
You can find general information on how Vault releases work in About Vault Releases.