Working with Flash Reports
Flash reports give you the option to schedule reports on a daily, weekly, or monthly frequency and distribute them to users with the Owner, Editor, or Viewer role via email. Recipients receive a link with instant access to the most recent cached report results in Vault without needing to rerun the report. Additionally, recipients do not require viewing permissions on underlying object records or documents to view the cached flash report results.
Scheduling Flash Reports
When scheduling a flash report, you can determine the frequency, the preferred start time, and notification preferences. Email notifications include a link to the report in Vault as well as the date and time the report ran. Note that the scheduling action is not available for reports with prompts.
To schedule a flash report:
- Select Schedule Flash Report from the report’s Actions menu to open the Schedule Flash Report dialog.
- Select the scheduling frequency from the Run report picklist.
- Select the scheduled start time from the Preferred Start Time picklist. Note that flash reports do not honor daylight savings time.
- Select a notification preference from the Email and Vault notification preferences picklist. When you select the Only send when at least one record is returned option, Vault only sends a notification when the report returns at least one record.
- Optional: Clear the Include report in email checkbox if you do not want to include a copy of the report in the flash report’s email.
- Click OK.
You must add users to the flash report via manual assignment for them to receive notifications.
Flash Reports Preview
When you select the Include report in email checkbox, Vault includes an HTML copy of the flash report in the email notification. This allows users to view the report directly from their email or access the report in Vault.
The Gmail ™ app for Android ™ devices resizes emails to fit the device screen. To view flash reports in their respective size, navigate to Settings > General Settings in the Gmail ™ app and clear the Auto-fit messages checkbox.
Modifying Flash Reports
Flash reports include a small calendar icon to differentiate from standard reports. You can select Schedule from the report’s Actions menu to modify the scheduling details of a flash report, or to unschedule it. To unschedule a flash report, click Unschedule in the Schedule Flash Report dialog. Only Vault Owners and the user who created the flash report can modify or edit flash reports.
Flash Report Job
When you schedule a flash report, Vault automatically creates and adds a new job to the Job Definitions and Job Status pages. From the Job Definitions page, you can make any necessary changes and update the job status. You cannot create a flash report job type from the Job Definitions page.
A single vault cannot have more than 200 flash reports.
You must have the Objects: Reports: Edit and Dashboards and Reports: Schedule Reports permissions to schedule a flash report. Lead Data Managers, Clinical Coding Administrators, and any custom Study Role with the Schedule Report functional permission can also schedule and run flash reports. Users assigned to the Owner role for that Report object record can edit the flash report. Note that both the user who schedules the flash report and the user who initially created the report have the Owner role.