Vault EDC allows you to transfer a subject from one Site to another. For example, a subject may relocate and need to switch sites, or they may want to transfer to a site that is closer to their home or office. From EDC Tools, you can easily move one or more Subjects to a new Site, including all collected data, with a single action.
How to Transfer a Subject
You can transfer a Subject from EDC Tools > Casebook Versions > Active Versions by Site. You can transfer one, some, or all of the subjects at one Site to another Site within the Study. When you transfer a Subject, Vault moves that Subject, the subject’s Casebook, and related records to the new Site.
To transfer a Subject:
- Navigate to Tools > EDC Tools > Casebook Versions > Active Versions by Site.
- Locate your subject’s current Site in the listing.
- Click the site’s Site Number to open the Site.
- Select the Subjects you want to transfer to the other site. You can choose one, some, or all of your Subjects.
- In the confirmation dialog, click OK.
- Vault transfers your Subject to the new Site, updating all records and moving the subject’s Casebook. Vault captures this change in the Object Record Audit History in Admin > Logs.
Subject Transfer Restrictions
You can’t transfer a Subject when any of the following conditions are true:
- The Study is locked.
- The current or destination Site is locked.
- The subject’s Casebook is locked.
- The Active Version for the source and destination Sites do not match. (Note that Vault filters the list of available Sites during transfer to those with matching Active Versions.)
Which permissions control your access depends on when your vault was created. If your vault uses the Role by Study feature, see the first section, Role by Study Permissions. If your vault does not use the CDMS Role by Study feature, see the second section, Profile Permissions.
Role by Study Permissions
Users with the standard CDMS Lead Data Manager study role can perform the actions described above by default. If your vault uses custom Study Roles, your role must have the following permissions:
|Standard Tab||EDC Tools Tab||
Ability to access the EDC Tools tab
|Functional Permission||Manage Amendments||
Ability to initiate subject transfers, retrospective amendments, and prospective casebook amendments, from EDC Tools
If your Study contains restricted data, you must have the Restricted Data Access permission to view it.
Learn more about Study Roles.
Users with the Vault Owner and EDC Lead Data Manager security profiles can perform the actions described above. If your vault uses custom security profiles, you must have the following permissions to manage casebook versions:
|Security Profile||EDC: Access: Study Tools||Ability to access EDC Tools|
|Security Profile||Objects: Subject: Edit||Ability to edit records in the Subject object|
Learn more about permission sets.