About the General Settings Page
The General Settings page (Admin > Settings > General Settings) allows you to view vault details and enable or disable features.
Vault & License Information
The General Settings page displays the following read-only details for informational purposes:
- Domain Name: Shows the domain name for your instance of Vault. All usernames use the domain name, for example, email@example.com. Multiple vaults can share the same domain name.
- Vault ID: Shows the identification number assigned to the vault you’re currently viewing.
- Vault Name: Shows the name of the vault you’re currently viewing.
- Vault Version: Shows the current application version number, which applies to all vaults in the domain. On hover, you can see Vault Assembly Version and Vault Platform Version, which can help Veeva Support when resolving issues. Assembly version matches the official Vault version number.
- POD: The name of the system your vault is running on. Typically all vaults for a company are on the same POD.
- License Information: Shows your current usage levels in Vault compared the licenses that your organization purchased. If your vault has multiple applications, you’ll also see how many application licenses are in use.
- API Information: See details in About Vault API.
From the General Settings page, you can select and clear checkboxes to enable and disable specific features and functionality. The options that appear vary by application, when the vault was created, and the features to which Veeva Support has given you access. In multi-vault domains, these settings apply only to the vault you’re viewing. Feature enablement for domain-level features is located in Settings > Domain Information.
To enable or disable vault-level features, you must have a security profile that grants the Admin > General > Edit permission.
User Interface Options
When enabled, the Display URL in Text field as clickable link option enables URLs in all text fields to become clickable links. Clickable links appear in object record list pages, object record detail pages, and reports. When disabled, all URLs are displayed as plain text, rather than a clickable link. This setting is enabled by default.