Using Vault Compare
Vault Compare allows you to compare the configuration of two vaults. This can be helpful when building a configuration migration package or validating that environments are synchronized after package deployment.
How to Compare Vaults
To use Vault Compare:
- Navigate to Admin > Deployment > Vault Compare.
- Select a Target Vault. This is the vault to compare against your current vault.
- Select a Results Type to define what scope to include.
- Select a Details Type to define what level of detail to include.
- Select the Component Types to include or ignore. To filter for specific types, use the Search box. To start over, click Restore.
- Click Finish to start the comparison. This process may take a while. When complete, you’ll receive a notification with a link to download an Excel ™ file of the comparison.
Note that Source or Target value cells with more than 32,767 characters are truncated in the Excel ™ file.
The Results Type selection tells Vault Compare what scope to include:
- Differences Only includes the differences between vaults in the results.
- Complete does not exclude configurations that are the same between the vaults.
The Details Type selection tells Vault Compare what level of detail to include:
- None shows component-level details only.
- Simple shows simple attribute-level details, for example, name, type, and label for a document lifecycle.
- Complex shows simple and complex attribute-level details, for example, user actions configured on a document lifecycle.
See Component Types for the list of configuration elements that the Vault Compare feature supports.
Users with the standard Vault Owner and System Admin security profiles have the necessary permissions to use Vault Compare. If your organization uses custom security profiles, be sure to include these permissions:
|Security Profile||Admin: Deployment: Environment: Vault Comparison||Ability to access the Vault Compare feature.|